[ubuntu-za] Need Video Card Driver

Ian Whitfield whitfield at federalsaints.net
Mon Jan 23 12:45:27 UTC 2012

Hi All

I have just updated my system here to Mint 12 KDE and I still have the
problem I had before with my Video Driver.

My Motherboard is an Intel DG41WV which has an Intel GMA X4500 Video
Chip. It seems that the standard install of the OpSys does _not_ pick
this up and just installs a "Vanilla" driver which only gives me a Max
Resolution of 1024 x 768 and I need to go higher.

Can anyone assist me in getting hold of the correct driver and the
instructions on how to install it please? I have spent some time on
Google but most of the info seems to be rather old and vague I could not
find a positive answer to this.

Many thanks in advance.

Ian Whitfield
Pretoria.