[ubuntu-za] Slow boot

Quintin van Rooyen quintin.vanrooyen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:56:27 UTC 2012

Hey Jan.

On 19 January 2012 16:31, Jan Greeff <jan at verslank.net> wrote:

> I have Ubuntu 11.04 installed on two hard drives. Initially both booted
> normally, but lately both take ages to boot, first entering Intel DHCP PXE
> Rom where the process sticks for quite a few minutes.
>
> I am guessing a bios setting.

(I am assuming you know how to enter the bios)

In your Bios go to something akin to "boot device priority" and remove PXE
boot or LAN or NETWORK BOOT from your boot device list, or move it to the
bottom (lowest priority)

I think what might have happened is that your bios got reset to "optimised
defaults" or "failsafe defaults" and that this includes PXE boot by default.

What motherboard is this? My HP servers have PXE on by default.

HTH!

Quintin

> Any advice will be welcome.
>
> Jan