[ubuntu-za] How To install nvidia drivers on Dell XPS L502X in Ubuntu 11.10?

Navdeep Singh Sidhu navdeepsingh.sidhu95 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 09:20:01 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I had purchased Dell XPS L502x with windows 7 64-bit. recently i installed
Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit on it. But i'm unable to use 3d accelration on it. i
had already installed nvidia drivers using additional driver support in
ubuntu. But still not working. i had downloaded Nvidia drivers for my
Nvidia geforce gt 540m card and tried to follow other available tutorials
but still unable to install it. can anyone help me please?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Regards,
Navdeep Singh