[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu's Bold Mobile Gambit

Neil Oosthuizen nlsthzn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:35:55 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, 28 February 2012, Alf Stockton wrote:

>  Maybe I am old and slow but I cannot see what is to be gained by having
> Ubuntu on my Android phone.
> Would someone please explain where is the benefit.

Hi,

The best I could suggest is to have a look at the videos that are availble.
- (A good one here -
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/02/watch-ubuntu-for-android-in-action/
 )

You use Android on your phone as normal, but once you dock your phone you
are running an Ubuntu Desktop (just need the mouse, keyboard and screen
that is also attached to the dock)... Basically you carry your PC with you
where ever you go...

Neil