[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu Installation

Ricardo Botha (Gmail) irmandos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 19:07:54 UTC 2012

Good Evening,

I'm really struggling with this computer.
I have downloaded ubuntu 11.10 desktop & alternate iso images (to no avail) my cd's don't want to boot the machine.
I have tested both cd's with 2x other computers and they work perfectly on them.

I however manage to get the alternate cd to boot (when I insert a usb memstic into the machine) but after configuring my network card I get a popup saying that the installation media is no longer in the drive and I am left with aborting the installation.

Is there a way to get the machine booting and then install ubuntu over the internet vs using my cd? (And how?)

Any help please?
Regards
Ricardo Botha
082 894 0053