[ubuntu-za] Looking for some expert advice to select project for internship!!

Bruce Pieterse octoquadza at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 16:53:11 UTC 2012

On 07/02/2012 18:54, Navdeep Singh Sidhu wrote:
> Hello every one,
>
> Pardon me & Hope nobody is angry on me for sending this mail on this
> channel.
>
> But i'm looking for some expert advice to select a project for my
> internship. I'm not have much or none experince of IT field. I'm a
> final year student of B.tech (CSE) ,GNDU (amritsar). And i'm having my
> internship in JAVA technologies at CMC mohali. They have given me long
> list of projects they are working on. and i have no awareness of
> values of these projects. So i'm attaching a pdf of list with this
> mail they sent to me. i think that most of people on this channel are
> working from years  in IT field. So i expect best of best advice from
> field experts.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
> Navdeep Singh

Hi Navdeep,

Firstly, I would like you to think of the reason why you chose to study
IT. What was the main reason you wanted to do it? Do you still have that
initial passion on why you wanted to study it? If so, choose something
that you think is attainable with your current skill set but keep that
initial passion in mind when you choose your project.

I think we can all just randomly provide you with projects to do, but it
all comes down to you. What do you want to achieve during this
internship and in the years after you have completed it?

Personally though, I think number 10 might be an interesting project to
do or 21, 33 or 37.

The choice is really up to you though.

I wish you all the best for your internship!

All the best,
Bruce