[ubuntu-za] Buttons on 12.10

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Sun Dec 2 10:35:26 UTC 2012

Can somebody please help?

Since upgrading to Quantal I have a problem with the "close," "minimise"
and "maximise" buttons disappearing on some windows.

Is this a feature of 12.10 or just a setting that I don't know about?

For example, when I open a window on Thunderbird to write a new mail,
these buttons do not show when the cursor hits the top edge like it does
on the main TBird window. The same seems to happen on most other
sub-windows and I find this very irritating because I often have to go
to the window switcher to drag windows into a position where I can
access the buttons to close the window or to change its size.

Best wishes,

Jan