[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu/OSS desktop for kids

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Mon Aug 20 13:52:46 UTC 2012

On 08/20/2012 02:35 AM, Percy Langa wrote:

> As a workaround, I think I will carry on with the linux install and
> customise the DE/WM to mimick 'Windows look' as far as possible.

Do not do this.  Linux and Windows are different.  Making them look
alike can make those differences more painful.  Keeping them looking
different can make those differences more expected.  It is a visual sign
that "This is not Windows" and you conscientiously behave accordingly.

Set up a bunch of Linux kiosks once, the Windows looking ones got more
complaints than the standard Ubuntu theme.

			Lee