[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu/OSS desktop for kids

tim@cybersmart.co.za tim at cybersmart.co.za
Mon Aug 20 08:58:17 UTC 2012

My 3yr old grandson is quite happy using unity. He opens dash, types 'gc' to open gcompris or 'ch' for Childsplay (both essential kids apps) and plays for hours on his own.  he had learnt mouse skills, keyboard and maths, spelling & sounds, geography, memory & basic internet in 1 year.
Let them learn basics in Ubuntu and adapt to windows later. I think  this is the key to changing the world.

Sent from my HTC