[ubuntu-za] unity

Charl Wentzel charl.wentzel at vodamail.co.za
Fri Aug 3 07:17:53 UTC 2012

On 03/08/2012 08:33, Miles wrote:
>   I would just like to know how to make it
> possible to open a separate terminal at whichever workspace I am using
> not to keep opening in new tabs on the already open terminal. Can this
> be done?
You can also right-click on the launcher icon to get a "quick list", the
top option is "new terminal".

Quick lists are extremely handy and MyUnity has made it very easy to add
quick list items, which initially required creating and editing text
files in certain directories. Install my Unity and select "launcher" on
the top bar. Just below the "Launcher" heading you'll see the word
"-quicklist". Click on that and "create away".

On top of that MyUnity provides a lot easy customisation for Unity not
available by default... I'm still not sure why not!! Another useful tool
is Ubuntu Tweak. Before I found these two tools, Unity was an absolute
nightmare for me.

Regards
Charl