[ubuntu-za] Libre Office Auto Correct features are destroying me

ubuntupunk at gmail.com ubuntupunk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 11:30:47 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Robin Bownes <robin at bownes.co.za> wrote:

> On 23/04/2012 11:34, ubuntupunk at gmail.com wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
>  Sorry to bother with this issue, but the lack of user-friendliness in
> LibreOffice is killing me.
>
>  Whenever I try to write up a document with numbering like so
>
>  1.1
>
>  1.2
>
>  1.3
>

>  LO insists on autoformating the paragraphs incorrectly. There appears to
> be no way of turning off this feature in Tools > Options.
>

>  More evidence of the "Dark Side' of Open Source
>
>  D.
>

>  --
> *David Robert Lewis*
>  *PO BOX 4398*
>  *Cape Town*
>  *8000*
> *South Africa*
> *
> *
> *Mobile 082 425 1454*
> *Landline 021 448 0021*
> *Fax 086 246 9859*
> *Skype david.robert.lewis*
>

>  Hi David,
>
> In some ways, I also get frustrated with Libre Office, but I've generally
> found that the problem stems from me assuming that the programme works, or
> should work like MS Word, which I used and trained for years.
>
> When you say that, "LO insists on autoformating the paragraphs
> incorrectly." when you apply Outline Numbering, what is it that you mean
> exactly.
>
> I must say, that although outline numbering doesn't work the exactly the
> same as in Word, I have, after some relearning, found it to work pretty
> well.
>
> Let me know what the problem is more precisely and I'll see whether I can
> help.
>
> Robin

If the feature actually worked, there wouldn't be a problem. I don't have
time to go into what exactly is wrong with the feature, but it is really
bad when it comes to legal documents.

All I want to do is turn off the feature so that I can do the paragraph
numbering manually. I don't need MS features, which would be nice, just
freedom to choose how the document will be handled.

D.

--
*David Robert Lewis*
*PO BOX 4398*