[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu on Asus ZenbookAsus Eee PC netbooks

Percy Langa percylanga at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 08:39:12 UTC 2012

On 2012/04/13 09:26 AM, David B Apter wrote:
> Hi All,
> Does anyone run Ubuntu on an Asus Zenbook?  I would like to make the Zenbook my next laptop/netbook. However I do not wish to make this investment if Ubuntu does not run (fully) on this machine.
> Secondly, I would really like to buy the Zenbook with Ubuntu pre-loaded.  Is this possible? Why pay for MS-win7 when itis destined for the waste basket?

Hi David,

Last time I checked, only the Eee netbook range is pre-loaded with linux
(ubuntu?),

According to https://help.ubuntu.com/community/AsusZenbook, ubuntu is
works well on zenbooks, but it does require some post-installation conf
to get power management, touchpad, external monitor.. to work.

Btw, I love those zenbooks :)

Cheers!
Percy