[ubuntu-za] Touchpad suddenly stopped working

Tom Bamford tom at aims.ac.za
Thu Apr 12 07:26:36 UTC 2012

On 12 April 2012 08:18, Leon Marincowitz <lmarincowitz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All
>
> My touchpad suddenly stopped working.
> It has never given problems before through Natty and now Oneiric. I've
> always use a mouse but sometimes not, in the last few days it suddenly
> stopped working.
>
> I've a 32 bit Oneiric on a Acer Aspire 5610z. It has a special option
> (function key + F7) to usually disable/enable the touchpad. Now it does
> this, that it show activation or deactivation in the top right (as when
> songs play, or volume control), but nothing happens.
>
> Please help?
>
> Kind Regards
> Leon

Hi Leon

My Acer laptop has an Fn-Function Key combination that switches off
the touchpad. The setting is persistent across reboots which makes it
confusing to diagnose - I don't have the machine with me now but try
something like Fn-F7/8/9.

Regards
Tom

--
System Administrator
African Institute for Mathematical Sciences
Jabber: tom at aims.ac.za
Web: www.aims.ac.za