[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 11.04 fax modem

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Mon Sep 12 13:26:52 UTC 2011

On 11/09/12 14:23 PM, Alf Stockton wrote:

>> What chipset does the modem have and are the necessary drivers loaded?
>> I never had success with faxes in Linux, as an alternative you might
>> want to look into email to fax services, depending on how much faxes
>> you need to send in a year's time
>>
> I would be really interested in hearing about an email to fax service
> as I am only liable to send 3 or 4 a year.

A quick google gave www.fax2email.co.za, at which you only pay for the
faxes you sent.
This looks good.

Do care to note incoming faxes are usually free, outgoing though are
not, (some service providers charge a monthly fee).
Also you have to at least regularly receive a fax or the incoming
service expire.

--
  When working on a computer you have to know enough:
  To fake what you don't know.

Frans de Waal
IT Manager/
Dormakorp