[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu Release Party and Install ( Dbn )

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Mon Oct 17 05:07:55 UTC 2011

Hi All,

For Durban and surrounding areas

I sent this to the dbnlug group, this is for the people who are not on the dbnlug list

I have got :
edubuntu-11.10-dvd-i386
kubuntu-11.10-desktop-i386
lubuntu-11.10-desktop-i386
mythbuntu-11.10-desktop-i386
ubuntu-11.10-alternate-i386
ubuntu-11.10-desktop-amd64
ubuntu-11.10-desktop-i386
ubuntu-11.10-server-amd64
ubuntu-11.10-server-i386
ubuntu-rescue-remix-11-10
ubuntustudio-11.10-alternate-i386
xubuntu-11.10-desktop-i386

I also have the repositories ( aprox : 58 Gigs )
this includes other repos ( like medibuntu, getdeb and playdeb, ubuntu partner and extras, etc )
For people who cannot download the programs/games, having the repos on your HD is the way to go

Can we organize a Saturday or Sunday to do an Ubuntu Release Party / Ubuntu Install Day, as well as let others copy the ISOs of the CDs\DVDs

They can also copy the repos

We will need to set up a few Desktops, with the ISOs of the CDs\DVDs and the repos already on, so that people can copy from these Desktops ( can also create physical CDs\DVDs if someone wants that )

We will also need a venue

Anyone has a venue, and anyone willing to help do this, possibly also use your desktop for the day ( I can possibly bring 2 Desktops )

William

"This e-mail is subject to our Disclaimer, to view click http://www.dut.ac.za"