[ubuntu-za] Failed to update repository information - (Resending as no response 1st time round)

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Sun May 29 17:10:06 UTC 2011

Hi Robin,

On Sunday 29 May 2011 17:11:40 Robin Bownes wrote:
> When I try to update repository information, I get the following error
> message:

There are usually 2 reasons as to why no one responded to your previous mail.

The first one (which probably constitutes the majority of people) is that
people have not ever had the issue you are talking about, and don't know how
to fix it.

The second one is because you haven't Googled enough. I am of this second
camp. A quick Google brought up literally thousands of results.

http://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+apt-get+update+Hash+Sum+mismatch

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: http://www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za