[ubuntu-za] Failed to update repository information

Robin Bownes robinbownes at afrihost.co.za
Sat May 28 11:42:31 UTC 2011

When I try to update repository information, I get the following error
message:

W:Failed to fetch
gzip:/var/lib/apt/lists/partial/za.archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_natty_main_source_Sources  Hash Sum mismatch
, E:Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.

I do get some application updates, but Update Manager constantly tells
me to upgrade repository information because it has not been updated for
x number of days.

I have been experiencing this problem since upgrading to Natty. However,
my wife, who is still running 10.10 is experiencing a similar problem,
although her error message of course lists a different repository as
being problematic.