[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu LoCo participation in People's Health Assembly

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Tue May 24 12:36:27 UTC 2011

Hi David,

Thanks for this interesting post. My reaction was that the solutions
being offered are probably very relevant, but has there been a proper
architectural analysis of the whole problem? I have no doubt that FOSS
can provide valuable solutions where it is needed, but throwing any
technology at a problem is not going to solve anything unless the
problem is properly understood and a comprehensive design of the whole
technology required has been done.

This is an old man speaking who has been there and done that:
solutions that are introduced from the bottom up can lead to long term
chaos and the requirement to start again. If there is time to do it,
there is time to do it right.

Bill

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 2:17 PM, ubuntupunk at gmail.com