[ubuntu-za] Apt-cacher-ng mirroring

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Thu May 19 12:50:31 UTC 2011

Hi Ricardo,

What you might need is aptoncd
Installation disc creator for packages downloaded via APT
APT removable repository creator and package backup tool for Debian based
systems.

This tool will allow you to create a media (CD or DVD) to use to install
software via APT in a non-connected machine, as well upgrade and install
the same set of softwares in several machines with no need to re-download
the packages again.

Personally, I use apt-mirror
APT sources mirroring tool
A small and efficient tool that lets you mirror a part of or
the whole Debian GNU/Linux distribution or any other apt sources.

Main features:
 * It uses a config similar to apts <sources.list>
 * It's fully pool comply
 * It supports multithreaded downloading
 * It supports multiple architectures at the same time
 * It can automatically remove unneeded files
 * It works well on overloaded channel to internet
 * It never produces an inconsistent mirror including while mirroring
 * It works on all POSIX compliant systems with perl and wget

aptoncd and apt-mirror are in the repos

Have a look at this site, possibly give you some ideas
http://www.packtpub.com/article/create-local-ubuntu-repository-using-apt-mirror-apt-cacher

William