[ubuntu-za] 11.04 like Windoooze

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Tue May 3 13:53:11 UTC 2011

On 05/03/2011 09:37 AM, Wikus wrote:
> Lo Guys ,
>
> Ok apart from some apps not working in 11.04 it also feels as if I am
> back on Windoze. 11.04 take long to boot and long to log in. I would say
> about 4 minutes from startup till I can start to do something.
> By far the slowest Ubuntu I have used. My previous one was 10.04 and it
> was always smooth and quick.

You are not the only one.  Booth boot time and power have gone up.
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=home  10.04 had a focus on power
an boot time.  Now, the focus is on new shiny.  But with this press, I
am betting 11.10 the focus will be desktop stability (as Gnome 2 goes
away) and 12.04 goes back to lean and mean.  And 12.04 is an LTS...  I
wonder what my upgrade path will be? :)

			Lee