[ubuntu-za] Copy Flash Video in Firefox 4

Daniël Louw daniel at dline.co.za
Mon Mar 28 08:58:51 UTC 2011

There are many websites out there where you just paste the YouTube URL in,
and it gives you links to download any of the types that's available on the
video page (HD or SD). You can also choose what file type ie native .flv, or
mp4 or whatever. The one I use the most is keepvid.com. It requires Java
however.

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 7:07 PM, Robin Bownes <robinbownes at afrihost.co.za>wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-03-27 at 18:54 +0200, Christo Coetzer wrote:
>
> Helge, I don't know if this is appropriate for what you're asking As I
> understand you want a copy of the flash file that streams off your browser
> ie. youtube to your ~/Videos?
> I usually go grab them form ~/.mozilla/firefox/???????.default/Cache. This
> is in 3.6.16 thought hot sure about 4? (hidden folder under your home ~/)
> Christo
>
> If it is just YouTube videos, and other videos on a page that you're
> wanting to save to harddrive, then there is a FireFox AddOn app called
> DownloadHelper that will do it for you without any hassle what-so-ever. You
> can even choose where you want to save it, and in what format.
> Robin

*Daniël Louw*
daniel at dline.co.za
www.dline.co.za