[ubuntu-za] Database Question

Ian Whitfield whitfield at federalsaints.net
Sat Mar 19 11:05:06 UTC 2011

Hi All

Question about Databases...

I have a 2500 record Database - 70 fields and three graphics per record
- Single user. My Operating Systems are Kubuntu 10.04 and Mint 9 KDE.

At the moment it runs under OpenOffice Base but that program is a "dog"
and I MUST change to something better. I know LibreOffice will change
and improve Base at some point in the future but this is very low-down
on their list.

My requirements are as above and _with a graphical front-end for
design_. I do not need high-end Databases. After looking round all I
could find was Kexi but I was unable to get it installed!!

I wrote to the Kexi Forum and was advised that Kexi will _NOT_ work on
Kubuntu 10.04 and they have no information about Mint!!

Does anyone know of another Program that meets my requirements?

Thanks

Ian Whitfield.////