[ubuntu-za] 11.04+ Unity on desktops / laptops ?

Shawn Reitstein shawnreit at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 04:37:59 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: Stefan Lesicnik <stefan at lsd.co.za>
Sent: 08 March 2011 05:47 PM
To: Ubuntu South African Local Community <ubuntu-za at lists.ubuntu.com>
Subject: Re: [ubuntu-za] 11.04+ Unity on desktops / laptops ?

----- Original Message -----

Heys,

I just re-installed Maverick on my Macbook Pro with Natty Alpha3. I tried out the unity stuff for a bit - a little buggy still and then switched from the login screen to classic desktop - no visual effects - and you get the regular old desktop (with some improvements - like unified menu bar which i really like).

So in short - you will still have the classic desktop available or new unity desktop - your choice.

Stefan