[ubuntu-za] Downloading from Synaptics

SHAWN REITSTEIN shawnreit at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 16:05:02 UTC 2011

Hi, I'm unable to download, it seems, from synaptic packages? When I
try to download - it starts and downloads for a second or two and then
shows a window: Some of the packages could not be retrieved from the
server(s).
Do you want to continue, ignoring these packages? - no/yes  - clicking
yes seems to terminate the download and what little might have been
downloaded is installed?  ( This type of downloading seemed to fix the
Javascript problems I was having but it seems a bit silly to consider
it might be normal)  I'm sure I need to do some terminal scripting -
please advise

Thanks
Shawn