[ubuntu-za] Sync folders using git

Daniël Louw daniel at dline.co.za
Thu Feb 24 16:49:17 UTC 2011

Hello, thanks for all the responses!

@Ciaran
Internet is a slight problem for me, as is is very unreliable at home and at
varsity. Your link to the book however made me realize I was silly and too
hurried when I asked my question here.
I am used to using git-gui on windows, so the terminal antics on ubuntu is
sort of new to me. All I want to do, is initially do a git-clone from one
source to the other, and then do a pull/push from there onwards. I was
unaware that I can set up a "remote" that is still on the same machine.
Problem solved :-)

@Raymond
I am not sure what it is, but it's annoying. Whenever a file/dir is removed
from one source, it's copied back from the other source after a sync.
As far as I can tell, unison does not keep track of what files got removed.
Unison only makes sure that whatever is present in the source, will be
mirrored to the other source, and vice versa.

*Daniël Louw*
daniel at dline.co.za
www.dline.co.za
+27 84 2499 299