[ubuntu-za] System won't shut down

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 06:21:44 UTC 2011

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 10:13 PM, Robin Bownes
<robinbownes at afrihost.co.za> wrote:

> If you use the OpenOffice QuickStarter, then the problem that you describe
> does sometimes tend to occur. I've experienced this myself, and seen it
> among a number of my clients and family members. If you use the OpenOffice
> QuickStarter, try clicking on it --> select "Exit QuickStarter" --> then try
> shutting down.
>
> I'm not sure what the cause is because this does not consistently cause a
> shut down problem, but tends to do so more often when the QuickStarter icon
> has been used to open OpenOffice.
>
> Robin

It sounds as if you are psychic. I did play with Open Office settings
and thought that I would try the QuickStarter and clicked the button.
(Not that I ever actually got round to trying it mark you). It must
have been about then when my unstoppable problem started. I have
unclicked the button and the system closed down normally. So it has
worked once. Of course it worked once before ...

Thanks Robin.

Bill