[ubuntu-za] Libre office writer colours

Robin Bownes robin at bownes.co.za
Tue Dec 27 12:11:54 UTC 2011

n Tue, 2011-12-27 at 12:59 +0200, Jan Greeff wrote:

> I have been unable to find the settings to select font colours in Libre
> Office writer, in spite of the "help" instructions. The font colour
> selection icon referred to in the help site do not show up on my system.
> Can anyone please help?
>
> Jan

Hi Jan,

The very first thing is that I'm assuming that the rest of your
Formatting Toolbar is visible.

The second thing to look at is whether its "no show" is due merely to
insufficient width of window. Try maximising the window and see whether
that makes any difference.

Ok, now that we've got those 2 uber-obvious possibilities out of the
way:

      * Click on the pull-down arrow at the extreme right-hand side of
        the Formatting Toolbar.
      * Select Customise Toolbar
      * From the pull-down list of toolbars, choose Formatting
      * Scroll down the list of icon options displayed below, and select
        (check) Font Colour - it should now display on your Formatting
        Toolbar
      * Use the relevant up and down arrows in the list of icon options
        to move the Font Colour icon to the desired position on the
        Formatting toolbar.

Hope this is helpful, and that its not a bigger problem than this.

Robin