[ubuntu-za] Stop the Anti-Unity / Gnome 3 FUD!

Dave Apter dave.apter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 07:38:52 UTC 2011

Apple has probably the best user friendly OS and the majority of users are not even aware of a 'unix type' core and even a (gasp!) CLI. An Apple model OS is the only true future if Ubuntu is ever to become mainstream and not just techie-/server- based. Moreover the UI will have to become 'touch' based eventually; here Apple's IOS and Android are leading the way and you can STILL use a cli if required.
To the retro-techie's, all I can say is 'thank you, you are often indispensable, we love you', but please remember that Ubuntu is freedom meant for everyone. Adapt or die.

Btw, choosing between Unity (Ubuntu gui) or Gnome on 11.10 can be easily done at 'login'.  No cli required!

David B Apter