[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 11.10 disappointment

Jan Greeff jan at verslank.net
Sat Dec 17 20:12:53 UTC 2011

Hi there, some comments will be appreciated, please.

I have upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10, now my computer is running like an old
woman trying to find out whether she can make better headway on crutches
or a wheelchair.  When I boot on the drive where my old 11.04 is,
everything is fine.

I ran the gnome session fallback command and selected gnome classic,
could this be the cause? The classic option on this version is also much
different from the old one and very frustrating to work with.

Jan