[ubuntu-za] DCI invitation

ubuntupunk at gmail.com ubuntupunk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:34:58 UTC 2011

Herewith the invite again, for those who can't read attachments.

DRL

Subject: Digital Citizens’ Indaba 2011

We proudly present to you the 6th edition of the Digital Citizens’ Indaba
(DCI). We are currently
inviting high-level speakers and would like to invite you to our conference
and keep you updated
about our progress.

The theme for this year’s conference is: freedom of information and digital
citizens. You can
read more about this in the attached Concept Document. Key items are:
freedom of access to
information, social media uprisings, the role of digital citizens.

This year the Indaba takes place in the Cape Town International Convention
Centre on 19
September 2011 - as the third day of the annual Highway Africa conference
(HA) and Pan-African
Conference on Access to Information in Africa (PACAIA).

The Indaba is open to anyone who uses digital media to empower themselves
and their
communities.

Registration for DCI is FREE. You will get full access to the conference, a
conference pack which
includes the programme, access to exhibitions, lunch, dinner and teas for
the duration of the
conference. This offer excludes your flights, accommodation, visa fees, and
airport transfers, all of
which are for delegates own payment.

To register follow this link: http://bit.ly/p9b12w (please note that space
is limited and attendance
will be on a first-come-first-served basis).

We will keep you updated through Twitter (@DCIndaba and #dci11), news
letters from
dcindaba at gmail.com and our website www.dcindaba.com. Please find our contact
details below.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Regards,
* Neliswa Ntanda (DCI Administrator and Press Officer)
dcindaba at gmail.com / neliswa.ntanda at gmail.com - 0027 (0)84 694 7572
* Jane Duncan (DCI coordinator)
dcindaba at gmail.com / jane.duncan at ru.ac.za - 0027 (0)82 786 3600
* Elvira van Noort (DCI Coordinator)