[ubuntu-za] Filesysytem >Root

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Mon Aug 29 06:34:00 UTC 2011

On 11/08/29 07:47 AM, Raoul Snyman wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 07:34:37 +0200, Bill Cairns wrote:
>> Would appreciate your help.
> Please provide us with more details, like what your partition table looks
> like. We can't help you much with very little information.
>
> Some things you can do:
>
> 1. Check how much space you are using:
>     - Open Terminal
>     - Type in "df -Th" (without the quotes) and press enter
>     This should show you the different file systems, and how much they are
> used.
> 2. I think Ubuntu has this "trash" folder, like Windows' recycle bin. Make
> sure you've emptied the trash.
> 3. Clear out old cached packages with "sudo apt-get clean"

You may also want to check for old log files and remove those, I had  a
problem at one time with a samba log file that filled al my open space,
the 'df' command is the best place to start to track this down, then
follow the largest folders until you find what it is you are looking for.

--
  When working on a computer you have to know enough:
  To fake what you don't know.

Frans de Waal
IT Manager/
Dormakorp