[ubuntu-za] Filesysytem >Root

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Mon Aug 29 05:47:49 UTC 2011

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 07:34:37 +0200, Bill Cairns wrote:
> Would appreciate your help.

Please provide us with more details, like what your partition table looks
like. We can't help you much with very little information.

Some things you can do:

1. Check how much space you are using:
   - Open Terminal
   - Type in "df -Th" (without the quotes) and press enter
   This should show you the different file systems, and how much they are
used.
2. I think Ubuntu has this "trash" folder, like Windows' recycle bin. Make
sure you've emptied the trash.
3. Clear out old cached packages with "sudo apt-get clean"

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za