[ubuntu-za] advice on getting server built

Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) jonathan at ubuntu.com
Sat Aug 27 19:04:50 UTC 2011

Hi Sean

On 27/08/11 02:16 PM, Sean Alborough wrote:
> I have then also been battling to find retailers that will sell you a
> no-name server (ie an intel server), especially to the specs you want - they
> prefer to sell you a name brand.
>
> I am looking for parts suppliers or retailers in Cape Town, or advice if you
> guys have found any good solutions yourselves.

I'd advise against building your own machine, also against buying a used
server since you might have trouble getting replacement parts depending
on what you get.

I'd rather suggest that you sign up your company with an account at
Rectron and Sahara, they both sell unbranded Intel servers at good
prices and at least you get a guarantee and you can get support if
something goes wrong.

-Jonathan