[ubuntu-za] advice on getting server built

Sean Alborough salborough at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 18:16:24 UTC 2011

Hi Guys

I am looking to get a new server but would prefer to either build it myself
or get a no-name brand (intel) server built by a supplier/retailer based on
that specs I'm looking for.

When doing dome initial research on parts and suppliers I have a found a bit
if a hurdle in that I am battling to find suppliers that will sell you
server parts (eg. intel server motherboards etc) if you are not a retailer
yourself.

I have then also been battling to find retailers that will sell you a
no-name server (ie an intel server), especially to the specs you want - they
prefer to sell you a name brand.

I am looking for parts suppliers or retailers in Cape Town, or advice if you
guys have found any good solutions yourselves.

--
Kindest regards,

Sean