[ubuntu-za] Cape Town Oneiric Release PArty

Marco Gallotta marco at gallotta.co.za
Sat Aug 20 18:36:37 UTC 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 5:29 PM, maia grotepass <maiatoday at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Kickstarting discussion on a release party for the Cape Town area. I
>> had a quick word with Stefano, we think it's about time we have one in
>> Cape Town again (does the Stellenbosch crowd want to join us or have
>> their own?).
>
> I thinks we should only have one party in the area so I think we should combine.

Great! Makes things easier.

>> It's also about time for another public release party at
>> a pub, so we're suggesting having it at Forries on Saturday 15 October
>> (release is on the 13th).
>
> Sounds good to me.

12:00-16:00 sound good?

>> Comments? Suggestions? Anyone want to drive this (I won't be here :-/)?
>
> I need someone on that side to help drive it, I can do poster, mailing
> list and lifts from Stellenbosch.

I'm hoping one of the guy's I've CC'ed will step up to help. Stefano's
already planning the Global Jam and Software Freedom Day events. There
really isn't that much to do from this end: check in advance if venue
can accommodate us (usually ~30 people, access to sufficient power
points), make a booking, advertise at UCT (email to leg-announce, put
up posters, Facebook event, etc.) and make sure Stefano does his
magic. Did I miss anything?

Regards
Marco

--