[ubuntu-za] Cape Town Global Jam

Stefano Rivera stefanor at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 19 14:41:00 UTC 2011

Hi Marco (2011.08.19_15:38:22_+0200)
> Kicking off discussion on the Ubuntu Global Jam [1]. Stefano, Michiel
> and I had a brief discussion this afternoon and we're tentatively
> planning one in Cape Town for Saturday 3rd September from 10:00-15:00.

Filed a LoCo Directory event:
http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-za/1169/detail/

> We're going to try host it off UCT's campus as we've had Internet
> issues in the past, but that's not set in stone.

I've got an offer for hosting at Yola's offices in Town. It's a great
venue for connectivity, and getting ones head down to do work rather
than messing with NAT. (This means one of their staff will have to have
their arm twisted to come) :P

Obviously, anyone wanting to attend would have to bring their own
laptops. This isn't a computer lab.

> Stefano will give the talks, since he's experienced in this. If anyone
> wants to offer to assist him, that would be fantastic.

I will give talks on anything that I need to as we go.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera
  http://tumbleweed.org.za/