[ubuntu-za] Open Office help

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Thu Apr 28 08:07:04 UTC 2011

Hi wikus,

If you can, do this

This will install LibreOffice version 3.3.2, and possibly remove OpenOffice ( LibreOffice is a fork of OpenOffice, and is part of Ubuntu Natty )

Add this to your sources.list file ( /etc/apt/sources.list )

# LibreOffice PPA
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/ppa/ubuntu maverick main

Change maverick to lucid if you are using 10.04

Open Synaptic ( System ->Administration->Synaptic Package Management

Hit the reload button ( top left ), this will load the required file in the PPA

Look for Libreoffice, and install ( If you don't know how - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SynapticHowto )

Hope this helps
William