[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu v Xubuntu

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 06:08:35 UTC 2011

Thanks Guys.

So can I assume that there is little difference between installing
Xubuntu and installing Ubuntu and then installing xfce?

If I go the Xubuntu route, I will have a quicker install but will
probably have to load more extra applications - like Open / Libre
Office - later. I might also have to install some Gnome stuff that
other applications need and which don't come with the standard
installation.

If I go the Ubuntu route, I will have a bigger download (but I will do
that anyway) and a heavier install. I will also end up with a lot of
Gnome stuff that I don't really want - but might want in the future.
It would need more disk space, but that isn't really a problem.

So it does not matter very much which way I go. Right?

Bill