[ubuntu-za] Laptop without OS option

Jason McBeath jason at mcbeath.co.za
Mon Apr 18 14:17:41 UTC 2011

Weird, of my five current laptops, all are on the list somewhere, and
all where bought locally. And my parents three lappies.

What I found most usefull however, was the actual hardware issues, like
"this wireless card can give issues, but the soultion is here, or that
video adapter can work with the driver located there"

That sort of thing.

Laptops are like most computers these days, generic stuff in a brand
name box. If the stuff inside works with your distro, it deosn't really
matter what label is on the cover.