[ubuntu-za] A Local forum

Peter Nel fourdots at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 08:56:39 UTC 2011

Just my thought on this idea.. wouldn't this cause a split in this
list-community?

I for one would be interested in reading about hacking all sorts of weird
devices, including motors, and wotnot; some running ubuntu, some other
distros, or some maybe firmware based chip programming, or whatever.
Some of the stuff that would actually be relevant in this list will go
there, and we'll miss out.

Is this other content really so off-topic that we need a separate forum? Is
there really enough of such content to justify it? I've seen the
window-wiper-motor post that started this thread, and that's basically it..

If it does happen, it should perhaps be integrated into
the mailing-list system where one can post by replying (negating the need
for a separate forum); or else, it should go somewhere else entirely -
perhaps gumtree ;-)

--
Péter Nel