[ubuntu-za] Downloads, repos and CDs

Christoff Erasmus zs6jce at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 10:13:28 UTC 2011

Sent From Andriod Mobile
On 12 Apr 2011 12:02, "wayne" <plettpc at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/04/2011 20:55, maia grotepass wrote:
>>
>> As some of you may know, Canonical is no longer sending shipit CDs. We
>> are an approved LoCo so we do get CDs sent to the LoCo contact and we
>> are doing our best to get as many CDs for the different universities
>> and groups that need CDs.
>>

> Yep, this really sucks, I don't mind the DL ing but I have some older
equipment that only reads OEM cd's/no usb booting/etc, So after distributing
cd's for years I can't even get one.

> 1 * desktop & 1 Server is all I'm asking for?
>
> Wayne A

Wayne,
Your approach to solving your problem is wrong.

Moaning at the South African Community will only aggrovate people.

There is no signuficant differance between an OEM and a CD you write from
the iso.

If you have problems with CD's your write, try writing them at the slowest
speed.

Also if you can't dl the iso, asking nicely will defineteley get you a CD.

I would even be willing to post you one if your in the platteland.

Regards,
Christoff