[ubuntu-za] Web-obj

David Rubin drubin at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 4 08:28:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 4:37 AM, Hannes Coetzee
<scorpking at scorpking.za.org>wrote:

> On 03/04/2011 15:05, tim at cybersmart.co.za wrote:
>
>> Recent updates to 10.10 are hanging on web-obj and I can't find any way
>> around it. Can I safely remove it? What's it related to? Can I update it
>> manually? Has anyone else had the same problem?
>>
>> Sent from my HTC
>>
>>  apt-get give me problems sometime (didn't really bothered to rtfm) but
> aptitude still works fine.
>
> Anyone knows why aptitude was removed in 10.10?

It wasn't removed it was just replaced as the default option. They saw very
little point in having 2 applications installed by default, also apt-get is
much smaller package so I think to keep consistency between the minimal
install they chose apt-get but I might be wrong with the exact reason.

sudo apt-get install aptitude

David