[ubuntu-za] Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Release Party (Western Cape)

frans dormakorp at vodamail.co.za
Mon Apr 4 05:34:43 UTC 2011

On 11/04/03 22:03 PM, Raoul Snyman wrote:
> On Sunday 03 April 2011 19:15:02 David Rubin wrote:
>> Sounds better, not sure if we want to go get the same "print on type cake"
>> like we have had previously those ended up costing between R350.00 and
>> R400.00 and seems a bit over priced for what we ended up getting
>> but other people can decide if it was worth it?
> Commercially baked cakes are expensive. That said, I'm sure the printed out
> thing on the cake costs a pretty penny to do anyway. I'm wondering if there
> isn't a member of the community who'd be interested in baking a cake. They
> might not be able to do the printing thing, but that doesn't stop anyone from
> making a really fancy cake ;-)

you can use rice paper, for printing a image, and then just put than on
the icing on top and beautify the cake further,  it's edible and unless
your really allergic to any chemicals in the ink quite safe. we use
laser to print on the rice paper though I think an ink-jet might work
better to help the paper dissolve on the icing.

Unfortunately I would not be able to attend, so having me bake and
deliver would be a bit much,(I'm in Bloemfontein) :(