[ubuntu-za] Evolution Of A Linux User

Matthew French matthew at gillyweed.co.za
Thu Sep 16 07:02:09 BST 2010

On 16 Sep 2010, at 12:59 AM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Stage 18: You realize that both Windows, Linux, UNIX and MAC has their
> own unique and well-designed features.

Out of curiosity, can you name any unique and well designed features in Windows?

I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely interested. But when you made that statement I tried to reconcile it with experience and came up short.

To be fair I did the same exercise with Unix, Linux and OS-X and the list isn't very long. You have to do it in that order, since Linux and OS-X are both Unix derivatives and so already incorporate any Unix innovations - which kind of defies the "unique" requirement.

- Matthew