[ubuntu-za] Brainstorm on ideas to get Ubuntu to areas without internet (renamed from Release Party 10.10.10 ...)

SHAWN REITSTEIN shawnreit at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 12:49:53 BST 2010

Hi, I've spoken to a few Guguletians about the idea: general interest
and undercurrent of scepticism that anything will actually happen!
Many keen for computers and upgrading. I'm getting a few towers from
David and I have 5+ monitors. Needed are mice and keyboards and USB
cards! of course old systems and anything related to upgradability for
old systems would be useful. If anyone can help, there are plenty of
worthy, eager recipients.

What would be really nice, is to collect as many systems/components as
possible, gather interested Ubuntu-ites and Guguletians and have a
get-together (in Guguletu?) to show people Ubuntu, field questions,
form networks, and discuss who can help who and how!?

Many, many people are living on the bread -line. Many are not
pandering to the "formal sector". Many struggling to afford and
justify the electricity for a computer! Computers and the info
available through the internet can broaden peoples horizons
infinately, create and facilitate jobs and incomes and networking.
Lighten the toil of many's lives and enlighten those still living  in
darkness due to unaffordable medii.

Shawn