[ubuntu-za] (Answer) Pricings for UBUNTU 10.04 - License & Support

Lee Sharp leesharp at hal-pc.org
Mon Sep 6 14:54:42 BST 2010

On 09/06/2010 07:11 AM, Nehal Batavia wrote:
> Dear Sir / Madam,
>
> Kindly let me know what will be the pricings for buying & support for
>
> OS: Linux Ubuntu 10.04 - Media Kit – 5 no
>
> Linux Ubuntu 10.04 - Server License – 5 no
>
> Linux Ubuntu 10.04 - Server License - CAL User License – MINIMUM CALS ..
>
> Thanking you in advance for your quick response.

First, there is no license cost, and there is no such thing as CALs for
Ubuntu.  The Media Kits can come from ShipIt https://shipit.ubuntu.com/
or they can be downloaded directly
http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download both at no cost.

Support can come from a variety of sources, ranging from 3rd parties, to
Canonical itself. http://www.ubuntu.com/support  The cost is per server
supported.  Often, not all servers are supported.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

			Lee Sharp