[ubuntu-za] Brainstorm on ideas to get Ubuntu to areas without internet (renamed from Release Party 10.10.10 ...)

maia grotepass maiatoday at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 20:46:47 BST 2010

Shawn I am forwarding your message to a new thread so we can try to
keep the release party planning more focussed and it will give people
a place to answer some of your questions without dilluting the other
discussions. Also this discussion is more open ended and ongoing.

Some good ideas. we are on this side of the digital divide and it is
always a challenge to even things out. Please feel free to start up
with any innitiative you have the energy to pursue.  Energy is
contagious so if you can get something going I am sure there will be
people who want to join in. I know Stellenbosch university has a
program where people donate old pc's and they get ubuntu installed and
then handed out to communities that would benefit. There may be others
that I don't know about.

What specific things do you have in mind?
Maia