[ubuntu-za] Baobab

Bill Cairns cairnsww at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 10:36:03 BST 2010

Why do we hide good things? I ran out of disk space the other day and
was automatically taken into Baobab to sort things out. Wow! What a
great piece of software - and I had never heard of it. For some reason
it does not come automatically on the Applications menu (it does now
on mine) and I would never have found it if it had not been for my
rogue program that started eating disk space.

Baobab is small, clean and very simple. What it does is give a
breakdown of the size of directories and sub-directories both in
tabular and graphic ("rings chart" or "treemap chart")) format. In
fact it does what I have long wanted a program to do.

(Type "baobab" in terminal and there it is).

Bill