[ubuntu-za] Lost Internet

Raoul Snyman raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
Mon Oct 11 12:02:19 BST 2010

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 12:57:08 +0200, Alex Faure wrote:
> Can anyone help?
> I run a standard ubuntu on my laptop - never had any problems with
internet
> - suddenly yesterday - absolutly no go - I can access my router via my
> browser (using its IP address - but no internet.
> Went to my windows computer - it happily accesses the net - same router.
> Where do I start looking for the problem?

It sounds like it might be a DNS problem. See if you can ping your ISP's
domain name, and if that doesn't work, try an IP address of site you
know[0]. You can also try resetting your router.

[0] google.co.za (196.23.168.147)

--
Raoul Snyman, B.Tech IT (Software Engineering)
Saturn Laboratories
e: raoul.snyman at saturnlaboratories.co.za
w: www.saturnlaboratories.co.za
b: blog.saturnlaboratories.co.za