[ubuntu-za] Re Kingston flash " you are not privileged to mount the volume ' Kingston'"

William Walter Kinghorn williamk at dut.ac.za
Mon Oct 4 14:10:05 BST 2010

Hi SHAWN,

try Jonathan's way first, see if that works ( editing the /etc/fstab file )

shawn:shawn is the user that you want to mount the dir/folder with, the first shawn is the user, the second shawn is the group

so if you want user shawn with the group finance, you would do shawn:finance

In the command line type "man chown",this is the man page for chown, it will explain what chown is and does

from alt-f2 down was the second way of trying, it is the graphical way via nautilus, the first was the command line way via chown

William